Sunday, November 3, 2013

Soothing Smoothie for a Stuborn Stomach


Happy Deepavali everyone! And I hope you all had a relaxing and spooky Halloween! 

Here is my easy and fast (the way I like my food) recipe for a Soothing Smoothie, sort of my version of the Finnish 'marjapuuro'. I'm not really one of those people who crave for something refreshing and light for the start of the day. I like heavy and warm breakfasts! However, this smoothie works well as a snack for me and it's also great for a sensitive stomach like mine. You know, one of those days that your tummy is upset, nothing tends to digest or "move", so to speak ;) This smoothie is calming and does wonders to your digestion!

What you need is:
  • A handful of frozen papaya cubes
  • 1 small frozen banana
  • A handful of berries of your choice (I used cranberries)
  • A large handful of almonds
  • 1 dl of rolled oats
  • 1-2 tablespoons of chia seeds
  • 1/2 inche ginger
  • water/milk
  • honey to sweeten

First pulse the frozen papaya and banana cubes, then add in almonds and berries, ginger and liquid. Sweeten with honey. Finally pour the oats and the chia seeds to the mixture. You can either blend them or just mix by hand depending on the structure you want. I like my smoothie to be quite thick and I often spoon it as a 'porridge' :)

Papaya is known as a nature's remedy for constipation. Almonds have good fatty acids and essential vitamins. Chia seeds help the stomach work faster and ginger is great for indigestion. On top of all this the smoothie tastes yummy!

I decorated mine with blackberries and cacao nibs!

If you would like some more pleasure for your eyes, I recommend checking out my fashion blogger friend Jaslin. She has a great style and beautiful photos. She just blogged about her halloween outfit which looks very chic! You can find her blog here.

X Ang Moh Chick

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the link and compliments dear! ♡ I didn't knew papaya was great for indigestion.. My tummy is kinda of funny lately maybe I've give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are very welcome dear! I recommend to try! I've tried so many things cos my tummy is kinda funny too ;) It really helps! :)

    ReplyDelete

You might also enjoy reading: