Friday, September 6, 2013

Homemade Chocolate Snack

 

I came up with this recipe in the first place basically looking at the ingredients in my fridge, thinking of what yammy I could make out of them. As I can't eat dairy due to allergies, I wanted to try to make my own chocolate! All you need is unsweetened cacao powder (I used raw cacao powder by Navitas Naturals), oil (olive oil does fine) and honey. I added blueberries to this version, but you can use nuts, almonds, dried fruit... anything to compliment your chocolate. The chocolate is very taste all by itself too. Cacao is a good (and tasty!) source of antioxidants, iron and magnesium. Honey has tons of vitamin C. And everyone knows the health benefits of olive oil, the true superfood. So basically this chocolate is a health bomb! At least I finished mine almost right away ;)



You get about 10 large pieces of chocolate from mixing together 6 tablespoons of cacao powder, 3 tablespoons of olive oil and 2 tablespoons of honey (taste the dough to add honey if needed). Add cacao or oil until the mixture is firm enough to be formed into pieces.




After the pieces are ready, place them in the freezer for a while. When you take them out, let them warm up a bit before biting, unless of course you want chocolate popcicles! The chocolate is great on a hot day, or with a large cup of cappuchino.



Enjoy! :)

X Ang Moh Chick

No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also enjoy reading: